Thursday, December 15, 2016

Some Adoptions I Missed.......

Well...I didn't exactly miss them...just need to catch up. It is true that losing Miss Lizzy threw me for a bit...that was a hard one for me.
Anyway...in September we had a couple of really wonderful adoptions. I posted this pic of Miss Liesl last December when we thought she had a potential adopter......
Turns out....they weren't really interested at all....could never figure that out......
But as usual, we work shows , pics on social media and whatever we can do to get our dogs in great homes. Turns out, for Liesl, that she found the perfect home from someone that had helped Husky Haven at a show a couple of years before but wasn't ready to adopt just yet. Huskies have pretty high prey drive.....not good with cats or small dogs...but Liesl didn't have that problem. She now has a fantastic home with a couple of new friends.....
Getting ready to move into her new house!!!!
She is so sweet and gentle.....and loving her new life......
Onyx also was a sweet girl and when we got an app to look at her and three other dogs I immediately wanted to get her in a new home. She was the only one that I thought might be ok with smaller dogs. Over Labor Day weekend we took her to meet her potential adopters, and see if she would be ok with some occasional visitors.

A new friend....
                                       
A couple of more new friends....
We went on a walk and to the dog park with these guys and , as you can tell, all was well. I know that her foster Michelle was sad to see her go, but she knows we want them to have a wonderful future....

Onyx enjoying herself.....


On a less happy note before I close.....Miss Sukari was brought back after a month.....supposedly Dad developed an allergy. I feel very bad for her....but I'm going to try to work on a new , wonderful home for her. 
Have a wonderful day.....
Love you girls but enjoy your new homes....
Miss you Lizzy......

2 comments: