Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Farewell My Beloved Friend......

     I haven't written in my blog or really any social media for the better part of this year. Unhappily , Both myself and Tank had health problems , and sadly we just couldn't help Tank forever. So this is for my best friend who made his journey to the Rainbow Bridge........

     Tanky came into my life 13 and 1/2 years ago. He was saved from getting killed on the beltway by two of Husky Havens' volunteers , Alicia and Blake. If not for them I never would have had the pleasure....so thanks so much to the two of you! I wasn't going to take him initially...I had two huskies and was fostering a couple, but we took him to a show and he spent the day sitting at my feet and staring at me so I , of course, relented. 

     He was always game when I dressed him up for the holidays, the huskies and my current pitties hate that. From his first Christmas with me......





     He was always the most calm dog.....I loved him so for his demeanor. When my house full of huskies would be sitting around then go full WMD 10 seconds later, Tank would hang with me and we'd just let them wear themselves out. He never met a dog he didn't like , or at least tolerate.

     I think I did Tank a disservice.....when I started this blog it was all about the huskies , my dogs and helping to get Husky Haven dogs adopted....and Tank didn't get very much time on my blog. I have a ton of stories , and even though he is just gone, I want to write them. I miss him more than I can say and maybe writing will help.


     I miss you my best boy.....

     More to come.....


11 comments:

  1. Beth, so sorry for your loss 🌈🌈🦮

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for your loss Beth. sending you lots of love. take care - Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tank was a joy and hilarious at times, especially meal times. Sending you love, Beth, and remembering all the dogs you've taken in and given a family life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was the best....thanks Barb...you've been a good friend to my babies

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate the authenticity and transparency in your content.

    ReplyDelete