Monday, January 14, 2019

Slash.....

First, I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and a great New Year!!! My Christmas was good...always is when I get to spend it with my son.
So...Slash. Still with me. It's twelve weeks today and never did I envision that he would still be at my house. I haven't talked about Slash on this blog or basically anywhere except our Husky Haven Facebook. Now is the time to tell our story.

This was poor Slash the day after he was picked up. Picked up on the side of the road...the guy actually thought he was dead. Took him to our rescue vet....couldn't help so took him to my vet. Decided to pin together his left shoulder and remove his left eye....which was kind of gone. The man who brought him in was so concerned....he wanted to foster to adopt....I wanted to believe him and so did our volunteer. Since I'm writing this you know he was out of the picture within days.
Slash stayed a few days in the hospital.....
this is a pic of him going home with me. The problem with all this is he had to be confined and little exercise and no playing with other dogs. So Slash has been in my kitchen all this time , except nightly in his crate. As he started getting better it was really hard to keep him confined. He would walk all day but that has kept the shoulder from completely healing. We are hoping next week to take the final x-rays and remove the pin. If this gets done he is ready for a forever home. He will finally be able to run and play as much as he wants. That brings me to my dilemma....I can't keep Slash. I already have four dogs and Slash is a year old and I am mid-60's....you do the math. He needs a home that will take him for long walks and be able to hang out with him. For the record he is a really sweet dog. I wanted to put this out here so that you would know he will be available soon. Please consider this sweet puppy!!
I know this is a brief overview....but for now that gives you some details. I have some people to thank...all of you who donated to my go fund me. I have put the link up here if you want to help....all donations are great!! Slash Go Fund Me . I put out a special plea around Christmas for fosters or help really and so many of you couldn't foster but donated to my PayPal for boarding....thanks is still really helping when I need a few days for him to be in kennel. Also a big thank you to Sonja....she picked up Slash the Saturday before Christmas and brought him back the Saturday before New Year...my son and I got to cook in the kitchen with no Slash.
Have a great evening and please consider this wonderful boy......

No comments:

Post a Comment