Thursday, March 22, 2012

So....I went to animal control today.......

Right now I'm not getting in animal control's face....we would not have them if we were not the most listless,useless,most non caring bunch of humans. So for my story, went today , with another volunteer , taking some dogs to kennel....cool.I was getting all the paperwork done when he said we needed to go to animal control to pick up a Husky before we go home...I can't do that....I was so panicked. Got to animal control and saw a line of people waiting....figured they were turning in their dogs. They were all there to get rabies shots...I was so happy!!! So while we were waiting a lady brought in a 7-8 month old lab mix.....he was wagging his tail and his owner was scratching his head...I assumed he was also in for shots. She went to the desk...I'm turning him in....why...he's now big for me....do you know he will be put down tonight...that's okay...and then I realized, not only that beautiful dog...but the line of 20 people behind us..all their dogs would and are probably dead now...Why...find a place for your dog...you are responsible...you make a choice, please live up to it...I'm gonna go now...been crying for the last few hours...take care of your animals...they look up to you...can you imagine how scared that lab mix is right now...waiting to go......

No comments:

Post a Comment