Sunday, December 19, 2021

Husky Haven....

     It's been two years since Pat has passed and I think a lot about Husky Haven. I learned everything I know about dogs from Pat (and I knew nothing) , made some great friends and really worked hard. My favorite part was taking a dog in tough shape, nursing them back to health and picking the perfect home!! I don't know if I could do all the work I did 15 years ago, but it was a great experience. 

     In January of 2020 , my friend Denise and I were trying to come up with a way to permanently celebrate both Pat and Husky Haven. Denise contacted the parks department and I took it from there. I bought/donated a bench from the parks department to sit in Bill Archer Dog Park. Denise wrote the remembrance for the plaque , we picked out a spot and it was a go. The bench was installed last summer but the party we planned didn't happen. Covid has taken over for the last two years. I have pics of the bench and if you go to that dog park maybe you will take a pic with your dog! 

     I miss my friend Pat today and everyday and hope she hanging with all her huskies at the Rainbow Bridge!!!!


 


Have a good afternoon and my dogs will be appearing in their Christmas finery in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment