Wednesday, March 17, 2021

And Once Again......

 It was so hard last year when I lost TJ in February.......Covid had just started coming around and I had a broken arm and I was broken hearted. I never expected that last year could get worst.....but it did when I lost Volga a year ago today. 


When Husky Haven closed in February of 2018....Volga was one of the last guys out. I always promised him he would come with me if no one else ever stepped up. He was with the rescue for a long time, he was deemed a bad dog when he bit someone once.....in his defense he has just been rescued from animal control and was in a noisy kennel, when some lady decided that pulling his tail as hard as she could was some kind of test, he freaked and bit the handler. Not a bad bite but yes. Our director was trying to decide to put him down or not...I said bring him to the rescue and I will help with him. I couldn't take him then....already had four...but took good care of him at the rescue. He didn't like many men.....loved my son...he would have gotten adopted soon if he did.


He was a really old guy when he died....15 or 16...but on top of TJ, by March I already had the worst year.....
It was always funny TJ and Volga really liked each other....no fighting, no hassles. I used to walk them together all the time and I like to think of the two of them together at the Rainbow Bridge.


I miss you boys......


2 comments:

  1. These anniversaries are hard. Se send respect, and gentle wooos,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anniversaries like these are so sad....Thank you....

    ReplyDelete