Tuesday, August 25, 2020

July...

So I had some things I really wanted to say in July.....but I also had a ton of computer problems. The computer is kind of working....hopefully my IT guy, my son, will be here soon to fix it up like it used to be.

Anyway, while things are stable, here were my stories for July. I , of course, lost my Miss Lizzy four years ago in July. I still think of that girl every day...my first baby so she left such a lasting impression. I hated to see her sick for the two years she had pancreatic cancer....but she was a trooper to the very end. She was still telling everyone what to do even though she was sick, loved how she ran my house for me, really miss that too!!

This picture was taken a few months before she headed to the Rainbow Bridge. I miss my girl terribly!!

Ten years ago I took in my first non-husky....Mr. Tank. He was literally pushed out of a slowly moving car on the Beltway here in Houston. For those of you who have been around here that's a scary, horrible place to be dumped...really being dumped in general is horrible. Luckily, Blake and Alicia, two of HH volunteers happened to see this and scooped him up. I wasn't really planning to take a third dog of my own at that time....but we took him to a show and he stared at me the whole day.....so I did!!


Tank when I first took him in....he has always been great about wearing whatever I put on him!!!

A slightly older and wiser Tank. A bit of gray but still my great buddy. So glad I gave him a home ten years ago!!

On a slightly different note....I wish everyone the best, myself included, living on the Gulf Coast with Hurricane Laura coming at us. I can't believe we may have to go through this again just three years after Harvey!!! Please take care....

Have a great evening.......




No comments:

Post a Comment