Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Two Years Ago.......

 I got that phone call around 4 am......you know, the one that notifies you that someone you love has passed. In my case it was my Dad. He had been ill for all of 2018....started getting sick at Christmas the year before and was diagnosed with a fast moving cancer in April of 2018. Through all of it he was in pretty good spirits.....lapsed into a coma a couple of days before he died. I know that the one thing he always wanted to do was go back to his independent living....but assisted living was the only option for those last 8 months. Sadly he couldn't get around very well and needed the help. I was there every day and helped keep him sane really!! I miss him every day and I think about it a lot now with the Corona virus. In some ways I'm very happy he didn't have to endure this. It would have been terrible for both of us to not see each other every day. In his case I think he would have faded faster.......

This picture was from late 2017, just before he got ill. Hanging with my nephew Jacob. I miss you Dad...thinking about you every day.....

Have a lovely evening and see you soon......



No comments:

Post a Comment