Tuesday, February 13, 2018

My Girl........

On the eve of my birthday , the day I also designated for Miss Lizzy's birthday I just want to say how much I miss my girl.......


It's been ten years since I adopted my beautiful, crazy girl Lizzy. You would think for a first dog I would have picked a breed that would have been easier to deal with, but I chose to volunteer at Husky Haven ten years ago and I knew my dog would come from there. When Lizzy jumped on me that cold, muddy February day I knew that I would always be there for her.
My girl had a bit of a backstory....she was born in February 2006...backyard breeder and adopted by a family that really shouldn't have had her. She was the ultimate escape artist....her family always left her tied up outside but she always found a way out. After quite a few trips to animal control the family decided she was too much of a hassle and that's how she ended up at Husky Haven and with me. I have to admit I had to redo my whole backyard to keep her from leaving....5 foot fences were not enough....so everything got bigger. But I loved that girl anyway.
I always thought she would be here for a long time. I couldn't believe when she was diagnosed with cancer in 2014. My girl lost weight and was on all types of meds but her funny, crazy self stayed by my side for another two years.....until she just couldn't.....


So on the eve of your twelfth birthday just want to say I love you girl....and I will always miss my first dog.......

4 comments:

  1. The beautiful Miss Lizzy. I know she is missed, every day. So lovely and opinionated, her voice was so prevalent in your home, the peace and quiet must drive you crazy! But, that beautiful girl opened the door for so many others and did a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved that girl...she sure knew how to keep all these guys inline!!!

      Delete
  2. We send respect. May you meet again.

    NukNuk

    ReplyDelete