Thursday, November 6, 2014

A few words on Miss Liz......

Well Lizzy is doing ok......but just that. Luckily she is still at the same weight and loves her walks, but last week I noticed a very distressing problem. Big clumps of hair were coming out and I noticed that a lot of the skin on her back was raw. With the lack of nutrients she is now developing bad skin issues. Took her to the vet and we started with some inject able antibiotics so so she doesn't develop a really bad infection that could take her out.

You can see her chest and around her ears are bad now. I am giving her coconut oil and vitamin E on her skin and in her food but I don't know at this point how much it will help.
This is what she looked like just over a month ago.....I'm very sad that this has to happen....but I guess with no nutrients that's expected.
Will update soon.....

10 comments:

  1. Sorry Beth... I know what you and Lizzy are going through is difficult.
    Cyndii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very hard on both of us....just so many changes since she got sick in July.

      Delete
  2. We wish magic would happen and Lizzy be all better.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to read that. You are both in our thoughts and prayers.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear this Beth. :( What is she currently eating?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She eats chicken and rice...a little bit of kibble and some high quality wet food to mix her meds in. The doc told me to just give her a bit of dry food.

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear about LIzzy. We are thinking about the two of you. Paws crosed that she gets better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope she stays doing well for a while....thanks!!!

      Delete