Sunday, February 9, 2014

Thanks.....

I had a another blog post ready for tonight.....but I have to say thanks to my friends instead. We were at rescue yesterday taking care of the dogs and had an impromptu celebration for my birthday later this week. I have to start the story by saying that I had gotten on to FB early yesterday and saw that my friend Cyndii had made some beautiful cupcakes for an event. I was thinking that someone was sure lucky to get those cupcakes and then I noticed that one of them had my dogs name on it......they were for me!!!! Check out how stunning they are.....



I don't know if you can see it well, but the dog on the right is bi-eyed...just like my TJ!!!!
We almost didn't want to eat them, they are such works of art!!!! Becky brought a chocolate cake and red velvet cake balls and we all got an afternoon sugar high!!! All of the sweets were gluten free also....really appreciated that!!!
That's me getting ready to bite Lizzy's head off....of course I couldn't!!!!


So our director gave me a really great b-day present....she announced that I'm now VP of Husky Haven.....something I have wanted to do for a long time. It will be more work....but I'm up to the task!!! Thanks Cyndii for the beautiful cupcakes and Becky for the cake and all of my friends that were there yesterday....you know how to make a girl feel special!!!!
Have a wonderful afternoon!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats, Veep, and Happy Birthday on Friday! It was a great day yesterday!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and congratulations. Those cakes are brilliant. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly...the sweets were great...and beautiful!!!

      Delete