Sunday, November 3, 2013

Adoptions.....

We had a couple of really great adoptions last Tuesday. I am behind in my adoption coverage....but we'll start with these!!!
You should remember Murray.....he was the boy we picked up in January with the broken shoulder and fractured pelvis.He really healed well and had some interest in him, but we wanted to make sure he healed completely before he was going to be in a home with another dog. Also , we wanted a special home for him!!! We spent a lot of time nursing him back to health, so we wanted someone we knew to take care of him. Our good friend Vanda ( she had adopted Hudson ) had expressed interest in him and we knew this would be the perfect home!!! A few weeks ago Vanda and her boyfriend, Joe, came to introduce the boys. They were running and playing, looked like a good match!! They took Murray home as a foster, just to see how he worked in their place.
Murray and Hudson waiting to take off....

Hudson and Murray with Vanda and Joe

Getting in the car, ready for a trip
This last week , they made it official......Murray has a new home!!!! I'm so happy for all of them, it's a great place and fantastic new owners. I know they will be updating me.....can hardly wait to see how things are going. We love you boy....have a wonderful new life!!!!!
Our other adoptee this week has quite a different story. Captain Jack is really a veteran of  Husky Haven. He has been in the program for many years......he's been fostered and brought back, adopted and brought back. Early this year Denise ( she has gotten dogs adopted ) took Jack as a foster. He's gone to shows , but not a ton of interest. Last week he had a good adoption application and the family came out to see him at Denise's with their dog , Glacier. They loved him and Denise and I scheduled Tuesday to go check the home and deliver Jack if everything went well. We took the long ride to Lake Jackson, and I'm telling you that is a long drive and we got lost, but finally made it!!! Jack walked right on in and started having a wonderful time with Glacier. At the end of the day, he also had a great new home. I know Denise and her husband Ron were sad, but it makes space for another foster and to save another life.
Captain Jack checking out the yard

Jack and Glacier
I'm super happy that he has a new home, once they are in our program we never give up. Have a great time Jack with your new buddy.
So that was last week....like to have a few more of those.
Love you Jack and Murray.....
Have a wonderful afternoon!!!
Go Texans on prime time tonight.....

15 comments:

  1. I am so glad you went with me, Beth! It was a long drive (made longer by getting lost...more than once!).I know Jack will be happy with Cyndi and her family so, Ron and I were not too sad! Iniki missed him...especially around 3 am! She became convinced he was locked in the garage and INSISTED I let her look, several times. I love fostering. I especially like taking a dog that really needs the one on one attention and watching their personality emerge. There is so much love in these babies and I know there is someone out there special enough for each dog Husky Haven has in the program!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Iniki misses him!!! She will be fine.....I know you miss him too!!!!

      Delete
  2. On another note...Ron was so excited to hear of Murray's adoption. It was the first time he'd ever closely dealt with a dog that was so severely injured or sick. Murray stole his heart with his sweetness and he was always asking about him. It was nice to give him such a wonderful update!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can say girl is that it was a wonderful day for our Husky Haven dogs!!!!

      Delete
  3. I am so glad Captain Jack got adopted out!!!!! Jason and I were sad to see he was still in the program and had even mentioned that if he was still in when we got a house that he would be the first addition to our family! Way to go guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for thinking about him.....he's been so long here. Looks like a great adoption for him!!!

      Delete
  4. This is a great post for our first visit here. We love a story with a happy ending and here you have two. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting....hope we will see each other often. I love two happy endings!!!

      Delete
  5. I wish I had about 20 Ron and Denises!! So many of the dogs have had such bad lives and need special people to get them to trust and be happy. I can't say AGAIN because some of them have never know a happy day till they get here and then make such wonderful members of their hew family. Thanks to all the foster and volunteers with Husky Haven!! Pat @ HH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we had a million Ron and Denise's and Joe and Vanda's...life would be so much easier.

      Delete
  6. Great news on both of them. Well done all. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had a soft spot in my heart and much hope for Capt Jack as an extremely deserving dog. I am so glad to read about both these happy endings! Will be there on Saturday to wash and love more dogs, so they will be sweet-smelling and adoptable (:>) Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope everything goes well for Jack....he deserves it!!! Hopefully more of our babies will get the homes they deserve.....

      Delete
  8. So glad they got adopted!!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete