Tuesday, July 23, 2019

I miss you......

Today, sadly, is the third anniversary of Miss Lizzy's passage to the Rainbow Bridge. Maybe because she was my first dog, so late in my life, but I miss that girl everyday.
She controlled the household and all the other dogs...no one did anything without Lizzy's say. We had eight years together.....the last two with her terminal pancreatic cancer and July 23rd 2016 was one of the saddest days of my life. You never want to let go but sometimes it's the very best for them.....she was sick and I couldn't see her suffer anymore.
The day I adopted her was the best. I took her for the weekend, got her groomed, and our director and I took her to a show. She was great but I realized then that she would come home with me that day for good. Best choice I ever made. I had about 30 or 40 fosters through my house over the next few years and she was great with them. Yes, she had her Husky traits too....girl loved to escape. But we fixed all the fences and finally she just gave up!!
So many more things to say.....
But right now I miss that face......
Hope you are still romping at the Rainbow Bridge.....

2 comments: